Avocado Pomegranate Tostadas

pomavoca.tostadas 023 1024x680 Avocado Pomegranate Tostadas uncategorized mexican dinners

I

must

quit

watching

Holiday

Movies

They are taking over my life.  Every year at this time I am mesmerized by Holiday movies.  I find myself on the couch at 4am, with a cup of coffee paralyzed if Susan or Bob or Jill does not understand the meaning of Christmas..c’mon people get it already.  Hubby wakes to find me sobbing at how little debbie and tiny tim helped Santa fix his sleigh.   What is wrong with me? I need therapy!  Every year, every year.   Yesterday I felt so ashamed, I was once again sobbing without restrain as my family watched me.  As I turned they looked afraid and mildly concerned.  I turned to my husband, “did you need something?”  (can’t you see I am in the middle of saving Christmas?)

pomavoca.tostadas 026 1024x680 Avocado Pomegranate Tostadas uncategorized mexican dinners

“Ah we’re hungry.”

As I looked down at my watch I suddenly realized “they” those holiday movies had taken over my dinner time.  I quickly walked into the kitchen, I had nothing, as I had not gone to the store.  I had opted to watch It’s A Wonderful Life.

I had tostadas, 3 avocados and 1 enormous pomegranate.

Dinner served.

All was well in my happy home, good because there was a reindeer that need saving…on with the next movie ! Sweet Life! Enjoy!!

pomavoca.tostadas 029 680x1024 Avocado Pomegranate Tostadas uncategorized mexican dinners

This is really not a recipe, more like a concept ..use what you like as glue and top with any leftovers you may have in your fridge.

Avocado Pomegranate Tostadas

by sweetlife

by vianney rodriguez

serves 4

8 tostadas or 8 corn tortillas lightly fried in oil, until crisp

2 avocados

1 pomegranate

lime juice

salt

pepper

Halve  avocados and chunk into a bowl, mash, add a splash of lime juice.

Add salt and pepper to taste

Spread on tostadas

Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds

Comments

Awww that is the most adorable post ever! Bonnie in the clutches of Christmas spirit :)

LOVE the tostadas – obviously providence is rooting for you girl – 3 ingredients and dinners done! Now get back to your movie…lol…

chow! Devaki @ weavethousandflavors

These look great! It’s always awesome to throw something together from what you have on hand, but this sounds delicious, plus it looks festive!

Also, holiday movies are the best – I think I started in November this year by watching Elf when I was already in the holiday mood.

It’s funny how creative we can be when we’re hungry and pressed for time! An interesting combination, I can’t quite imagine it… I wish I still had some pomegranate around to test this out because is sure looks pretty ;)

Too too funny Bonnie….. and too true. I am a total sucker for classic Christmas movies. Of course there’s Mass, and the Christmas tree, presents and Christmas dinner, but I still need my movies :D

Lovely lightning quick dinner – wish my family was as forgiving *sigh*

Holiday movies only come once a year. Dinner comes EVERY NIGHT. You’ve got priorities.

I love the flavor combo here! Hard to believe that it was born of necessity and not planned. Delicious.

Bonnie, aren’t you the inventive one. I would call these appetizer type goodies…”twinkle toes”. Those photos are too cute.

I love holiday movies too…and my favorite is ‘Miracle on 34th street’.

Hope your suppers don’t get tossed aside too often…you do need to keep up that energy for the holidays to come ;o)

Ciao for now,

I have never seen “It’s a Wonderful Life.” But I used to watch “The Sound Of Music” every Christmas. And I’d still watch it if they showed it over here during the holidays. I love looking at those pretty von Trapp daughters.

And I think I need to stop myself from visiting other people’s blogs who are based in the Northern Hemisphere because they just remind me of the foods I haven’t had and don’t have access to in ages like that granada of yours.

You are so precious! I love Christmas movies too, and as soon as I get home (to visit my parent’s that is) I will be watching my fair share. I’m super impressed with these tostadas though. They look beautiful and yet they are so simple to prepare. I love recipes like this! I hope you have a wonderful end to your week. Thank you for brightening my day!

looks great… and christmas-y!

i have been glued to xmas movies too- I opted out of dinner to watch the santa clause 3… what has my life come to!?

…what a coincidence, this morning, I mashed half an avocado, put it on a piece of toast, and sprinkled on a bit of salt and pepper to be called 1/3 of breakfast—for the first time! On the same day that you’ve posted this…woah. The colours on yours look truly festive ;]

Oh, and please don’t worry about it. I have a friend who is also taken over by holiday specials once they roll around. She doesn’t cry…but she does cry for other TV things like old Friends episodes. I think it has to do with growing older…finding more things endearing. You’re doing good, saving Christmas, you know.