|January 26, 2012||Posted by Vianney under Appetizers, Cooking with Tequila, Holiday Bites, Mexican, Salsas & Dips|
An appetizer of melted cheese spiked with tequila and overflowing with chorizo, poblanos and tomato.
This gal loves tequila and cheese comes in a close second making queso fundido one of our go to party eats!
Serve with a heaping plate of warm corn tortillas or homemade tortillas chips this is a crowd pleaser.
Queso fundido, a cold margarita and football. It doesn’t get any better. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup chopped, seeded fresh poblano pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1 1/2 cups queso quesadilla shredded
- 2 tbsp flour
- Garnishes– cooked chorizo, chopped tomatoes, and cilantro
- In a large skillet add oil, pepper and onion- cook until soft about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add tequila (be careful when adding alcohol to heat).
- Return skillet to heat and simmer for 30 seconds, letting the alcohol evaporate.
- Place mixture into 4 oven safe dishes.
- Mix cheese with flour and add to dish.
- Broil until edges are slightly crisp and cheese has melted.
- Top with your favorite garnishes.
- Eat with tortillas or alongside chips.
© 2012 – 2013, Sweet Life. All rights reserved.