|March 27, 2012||Posted by Vianney under Beverages|
My brother is a perfectionist. Every aspect of his life is met with a complete plan of attack.
Plan. Attack. Conquer.
He’s a Marine. Enough said. One evening I received this text.
“How do you make your mojitos?”
“Ummm, mint, rum sugar… why?”
“I’m having a get together… I want to serve mojitos.. I’ve tried several recipes, they all suck.”
“Text me a good recipe….”
I know he reads my blog…. Rum? Ah mijo… tequila is what your sis does, but really who denies a Marine information. Lucky for me I had Carrie. My lovable Tiki Tiki friend who had shared her Mojito by the pitcher recipe on her blog. I picked up a bottle of run and tested the recipe out. Delish!
Recipe from Tiki Tiki Blog
- Leaves from about 10 sprigs of mint (and some more for garnish at serving)
- 8 ounces fresh lime juice — please don’t use the bottled kind of lime juice.
- 8 ounces simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 16 ounces white rum
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- In a beautiful pitcher, add mint. lime juice and simple syrup and muddle it with a muddler or big spoon. Don’t go kung-fu on it, Be light and gentle on the mint. Add the rum.
- You can make this a few hours early and put in the fridge.
- Serve the mojito in a tall glass over crushed — yes, only crushed, ice — with a sprig of mint and top with a splash of sparkling water — if you want. I don’t tend to use the sparkling water.
- If you really want to impress, add a slice of sugar cane.
- And, of course, you can add more or less of anything to suit your taste — from the sugar, to the lime, to the rum.
- Simple Syrup Recipe
- Combine water and sugar in a small pan and heat on medium until the sugar dissolves. Let cool to room temperature.
- Simple Syrup can be kept in a glass container in the fridge for up to a month.
from Tiki Tiki blog~ http://tikitikiblog.com/mojitos-by-the-pitcher/#axzz1qAzXSvcd
© 2012, Sweet Life. All rights reserved.