|September 21, 2012||Posted by Vianney under Mexican, Sweet Treats|
This sweet treat made my Thursday so much more bearable.
An easy sherbet made in the blender with a touch of lemon peel for a tasty perk.
I blend this creamy concoction in the morning as I enjoy my first cup of morning coffee, stash it in the fridge and it’s ready for dinner. Doesn’t get much easier.
I’d also love to share the video from Blogher12. As an Avocados from Mexico ambassador I asked fellow bloggers attending the conference
“What’s your favorite recipes using Avocados from Mexico?” and
“What comes to mind when you think of avocados?”
I think it came out great~ Check it out!
- 1 large avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and cut up
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/3 lemon juice
- In a blender combine avocado, half and half, powdered sugar, finely shredded lemon peel, and lemon juice.
- Cover and blend until smooth. Pour avocado mixture into 2 quart square baking dish.
- Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and divide among serving bowls.
Recipe from Ultimate Mexican ~ Better Homes and Gardens 2010
© 2012, Sweet Life. All rights reserved. Please contact us to request written approval for reproduction of images and recipes.