Chile Lime Tequila Popcorn
|September 27, 2012||Posted by Vianney under Appetizers, Chiles, Giveaways, Holiday Bites, Mexican|
Chile Lime Tequila Popcorn
A quick post today to share with you what I have been munching on lately kicked up popcorn!
Kicked up popcorn and a sweet little giveaway~ details below~
Be it watching football, a great movie or catching up on my favorite shows, flavorful popcorn is always a must.
Popcorn with a splash of tequila and chile lime infused butter…. Oh this has my name written all over it.
- 4 quarts freshly popped popcorn
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon tequila
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seeds and membrane removes, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat the oven to 300F degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat.
- Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together the butter, lime juice and zest, and tequila and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl combine the black pepper, salt, red pepper, and cumin.
- Drizzle half of the butter mixture over the popcorn, toss to coat. Taste and add more butter mixture if desired. Season with spice mix.
- Spread the popcorn evenly over the baking sheet and bake until the popcorn is dry, five to seven minutes.
Recipe from 101 Cookbooks
Throughout Hispanic Heritage Month, cable is shining a spotlight on compelling Hispanic figures and events on cable’s On Demand service. The Hispanic-themed programming represents a broad industry effort to provide digital cable customers convenient access to relevant, factual and entertaining Hispanic and Latino television shows and movies – On Demand all month long. .
The nation’s top cable companies, in partnership with The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), are presenting programs and movies that feature compelling Hispanic figures and events on cable’s On Demand service. The Hispanic-themed programming represents a broad industry effort to provide digital cable customers convenient access to relevant, factual and entertaining Hispanic and Latino television shows and movies – On Demand all month long.
“Hispanic Heritage Month is significant because it calls upon the Hispanic community to share our culture and rich traditions with the entire country. We’re proud of our longstanding partnership with the cable industry because it provides an opportunity to share positive images of Latinos and allow viewers to watch compelling stories that tell the history and celebrate the many contributions Latinos have made,” said LULAC National President Margaret Moran.
With a couple clicks of the remote control, culture-hungry viewers can instantly choose from a diverse line-up of Hispanic programming. In turn, they can “Like” www.facebook.com/
Giveaway ~ One winner will receive ~ GIVEAWAY has ended~
(1) $25 gift card to TheLatinProducts.com
(1) Diversity On Demand tote bag
HOW TO ENTER~GIVEAWAY
Like Diversity on Demand
Like Sweet Life on Facebook
Follow Sweet Life on Twitter
Follow Sweet Life on Pinterest
5 chances to enter, please leave a comment for each.
Open only to US residents
Giveaway ends October 3, 2012 winner will be chosen via random.org and contacted via email
Prize will be shipped by sponsor.
Sweet Life Disclosure ~ This is a sponsored post.
© 2012, Sweet Life. All rights reserved. Please contact us to request written approval for reproduction of images and recipes.