Cinnamon Persimmon Margarita
Last night’s tamalada was a success!! My family and I enjoyed an evening of making tamales, catching up and laughing. We slathered masa, generously filled our tamales, loaded our steamers and sat back and sipped on a few margaritas. The kiddos ran amuck, built a fort and checked in every 5 minutes to see if the tamales were ready. Kids.
Last week I had received a wonderful package of Cinnamon Persimmons from Melissa’s Produce and decided they would be the perfect addition to our tamalada fiesta. My mom loves persimmons, but they are hard to find in South Texas, so to have a box brimming with them was a treat, Thanks Melissa’s Produce!
- lime wedges
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 cup fresh Cinnamon Persimmon juice, about 4, strain from any small bits of skin
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- ice cubes
- On a small plate spread salt.
- With lime wedges moisten rim of 6 ounce glasses.
- Dip glasses into salt.
- Place glasses into freezer to chill.
- In a pitcher combine tequila, fresh Cinnamon Persimmon juice, lime juice and Cointreau.
- Remove glasses from freezer and serve margarita mixture over ice.
- Garnish with lime slices. (optional)