Chocolate-Dipped Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
We are having a blast this summer with the new Wilton Ice cream Sandwich baking pan.
I LOVE IT!
I used my favorite Mexican brownie recipe and dulce de leche ice cream to create these fun summer treats.
But hey, it’s summer why not make these ice cream sandwiches to the next level and add a layer of sweet chocolate and crunchy nuts.
I used Wilton candy melts to cover every nook and cranny …then a heavy sprinkle of walnuts and BAM!
On a hot, humid Texas day these babies hit the spot!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground Mexican cinnamon (canela)
- 1/4 teaspoon pequín chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dulce de leche ice cream
- 1 (12 oz ) Wilton candy melts package
- chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Light coat the Wilton Ice Cream Sandwich pan with Wilton non-stick baking spray.
- Melt the 2 sticks of butter in a nonstick saucepan over medium-low heat; do not boil. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla to the saucepan and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add the cocoa, flour, cinnamon, chili powder, salt and baking powder and mix until smooth. Gently spread 2 tablespoon into each ice cream sandwich cavity. Bake 15- 20 minutes. Cool in the pan.
- Slightly soften ice cream in microwave. Spread ice cream evenly over half the brownies and place second brownie half, top side up, atop ice cream, pressing slightly to adhere. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Prepare the candy melts as instructed on the package. Working with 1 ice cream sandwich at a time, sandwich in melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into bowl, sprinkle on walnuts and press them gently into chocolate. Place on a baking sheet and continue. Return to sheet in freezer. Freeze until chocolate sets and freezes, about 1 hour.
This brownie recipe will make one complete pan and a half of ice cream brownie sandwiches.
Sweet Life Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the fine folks over at Wilton where I am excited to be part of the Wilton Treat Team developing new recipes for the home bakers.