Creamy Pumpkin Cheese Sauce
My kids love pasta and I enjoy the simplicity of combining a few quality ingredients to create dinner in a flash. When HEB reached out and asked me to create a recipe using their primo picks I was excited to see pasta and pumpkin. Tis the season for dreamy, creamy pumpkin! This easy to make creamy pumpkin cheese sauce is a fall inspired spin on the traditional mac and cheese. Using pumpkin soup laced with parmesan this sauce adds richness and a sprinkle of pepitas provide a crunchy bite. This is great midweek meal when all you want is to get through the day and pasta is the ultimate comfort dish.
- 1 package Central Market All Natural Pastas, Armoniche style
- 1 tablespoon Central Market Tuscany Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ a medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (17 oz.) H-E-B Pumpkin Harvest Soup
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- Bring a large pot of cold water with salt to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally until al dente, tender but not mushy, about 8 minutes. Drain and toss in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, set aside until sauce is ready. In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and garlic until tender and translucent, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat, stir in pumpkin soup and simmer until soup is heated through, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in parmesan, pasta; toss to coat. Serve warm garnished with pepitas.
Sweet Life Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with HEB. Thank you for supporting the companies Sweet Life collaborates with which allows me to create fun and unique recipes.