Sweet Life Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with La Lechera. As a member of the La Lechera Team I am happily spreading the word about La Lechera. Thank you for supporting the brands I collaborate with to bring you exciting new recipes
Making Memories Hibiscus Coconut Bundt Cake
My mami has always been a pillar of love in our little familia, and cooking is one of the ways that she shows us love. She never failed to have something special served up at holidays or ready for us after we came home from school.
This bundt cake recipe reminds me of a cake that Mami used to make for us. She didn’t make it for holidays or for any special reason really, but just to show us how much she cared. After a busy week at work or on rainy days when we were stuck inside, she would whip up a delicious hibiscus cake and wrap us up in her arms with warm hugs and kisses.
Mami always made sure to make that little extra effort so that we would know how much she loved us. And I want my daughters to savor those moments too. That’s why I love cooking and baking for my girls. I want to give them as much of that magical feeling as I can.
Hibiscus Coconut Bundt Cake with La Lechera®
This delicious Hibiscus Coconut Bundt Cake is made with La Lechera® Sweetened Condensed Milk and is a perfect treat to share with the ones you love. It’s a delicious, moist cake, that brings together two of my favorite summer ingredients, hibiscus and coconut.
This cake is super easy to make, with a few simple ingredients. It’s a great go-to recipe that you can make for special occasions or everyday get-togethers.
Simply mix together flour, sugar, butter, eggs and the rest of your ingredients until smooth. Then spoon the batter into your prepared pan, bake and soon you’ll have a tasty treat to share with the kiddos!
I serve this Hibiscus Coconut Bundt Cake with a warm drizzle of glaze. This rich and creamy icing pairs perfectly with the flavors of hibiscus and coconut.
Serve this incredible Hibiscus Coconut Bundt Cake at your next family party, or serve it up to your little ones after a long day at school. It’s sure to be a new family favorite. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can La Lechera sweetened condensed milk
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- For hibiscus glaze:
- 4 tablespoon hibiscus jelly
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and liberally coat a Bundt pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Beat butter and sugar at until light and fluffy.
- Add condensed milk and beat until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition, scraping down sides after each additional.
- Add flour one cup at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and 1 cup shredded coconut and mix well and beat well.
- Bake 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes in pan before removing from pan.
- For hibiscus glaze: Gently warm milk in microwave then whisk together with jelly and powdered sugar until smooth.
- When ready to serve drizzle Bundt cake with warm glaze and sprinkle ½ cup shredded coconut over glaze.