Mi carino is obsessed with shrimp cocktail. We enjoy it year-round since the temperatures here in South Texas are always warm. He requested it be added to our New Year’s Eve line-up and I happily agreed. Shrimp cocktail is one of those appetizers that is a true shining star, it’s so easy to make, doesn’t require the oven or grill and can be prepared in advance.
This year I’m keeping it simple by preparing a few make ahead appetizers paired with a festive champagne punch spiked with tequila.
Tequila and shrimp – a perfect combo.
- 2 (10 oz.) pkgs. Chorizo
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- ¼ cup KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages KING’S HAWAIIAN® Rolls
- 8 Ciabatta bread rolls or rustic country bread
- 1 onion, sautéed
- Sliced avocado
- Mix the chorizo, ground beef, pineapple bbq sauce, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl, and working with your hands until well combined.
- Form meat mixture into mini patties.
- Grill for 3 minutes on each side one medium-high heat or line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and broil in oven for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare hamburgers.
- Slice rolls in half, serve with avocado and sautéed onions.