I spotted this recipe for Texas Santa Punch in the Southern Living magazine in 2014. My plans were to serve it on Christmas Eve, but instead we decided on margaritas. Since then I have made this punch for a few family gatherings and one sister date night. I have slightly adapted the recipe, which you can find here. This punch would make a wonderful champagne punch for New Year’s Eve and make an even better New Year’s Day brunch cocktail. Here’s to 2017!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup tequila
- ½ cup club soda
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ red onion sliced
- 1 flatout artisan thin crust pizza crust, rustic white
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup shredded Oaxacan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Whisk together grapefruit juice, lime zest, lime juice, salt, tequila and club soda.
- Add chicken and marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high heat; add olive oil.
- Cook chicken about 4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- Remove chicken, add bell pepper and red onion and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; place flatout pizza crust on baking sheet and bake until crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- While pizza crust bakes, slice chicken fajitas.
- Once crust has crisped, spread salsa evenly over crust.
- Add chicken, sautéed bell pepper, onions and cheese.
- Return to oven to allow cheese to melt.
- Garnish with cilantro, slice and serve.