I spotted this recipe for Texas Santa Punch in the Southern Living magazine in 2014. My plans were to serve it on Christmas Eve, but instead we decided on margaritas. Since then I have made this punch for a few family gatherings and one sister date night. I have slightly adapted the recipe, which you can find here. This punch would make a wonderful champagne punch for New Year’s Eve and make an even better New Year’s Day brunch cocktail. Here’s to 2017!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 qt. cranberry juice
- 3 cups tequila blanco
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 (750-ml.) bottle champagne
- fresh mint
- Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Cool syrup completely (about 45 minutes).
- Stir together cranberry juice, next 3 ingredients, and simple syrup; chill 4 hours.
- Pour mixture into a punch bowl, and gently stir in champagne just before serving. Garnish with fresh mint.