With only 5 ingredients, this quick & easy fresh peach tart made with store-bought puff pastry, comes together in no-time and is the perfect last-minute dessert.
All hail the Texas Peach!
Juicy, sweet & Texas sun-kissed it is Summer’s gift to us.
I look forward to peach season every year. That small window where Texas peaches are at their Sweetest, so freakin’ good.
I made this fresh peach tart while my mami was visiting. I wanted to make something we could enjoy with our afternoon café, but also not have to do any heavy lifting baking.
This fresh peach tart comes together in under 10 minutes – with the help of store-bought puff pastry.
Making puff pastry at home is an involved process, which results in a delicious outcome, but nine times out of ten, I’ll go for the convenience of a good store-bought puff pastry over making it myself.
Fresh sliced peaches, puff pastry, sugar and jam are all you need to pull this fresh peach tart together.
I used a four-berry jam for this tart, but you can use any flavor you have on-hand.
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package puff pastry sheet I used Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet(1 sheet, thawed
- 2 large Peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) cold unsalted butter small-diced
- 2 tablespoons jam of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry into a 14 x 10-inch rectangle. Carefully place the puff pastry sheet a parchment lined baking sheet. Using a fork prick the pastry thoroughly to avoid air bubbles.
- Arrange the peach slices in rows over the puff pastry. Sprinkle with sugar and dot with the butter.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until pastry is lightly browned, and fruit starts to brown. Rotate pan once during baking. Remove tart from oven, brush tart with jam.
- Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature.