Hibiscus Strawberry Gin Cocktail
I am so into gin at the moment.
I love them all.
I plan to serve a few gin cocktails this Valentine’s Day weekend and re-introduce my gal pals to the wonders of gin. Sadly most of my amigas are not the biggest fans of gin, but I think this cocktail will change their minds.
Vibrant, refreshing and fizzy – This cocktail is sure to transform them into gin fans.
The base of this cocktail is a homemade hibiscus strawberry syrup. I enjoy making my own cocktail syrups. It allows me to tweak the flavor profile, I control the ingredients included and makes for easier entertaining.
You can make this homemade syrup a few days in advance and store in fridge. Perfect for impromptu get togethers plus it makes a great hostess gift.
- For Cocktail:
- 1/2 ounce hibiscus strawberry simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 1/2 ounce gin, preferred Tanqueray No. TEN
- Club soda or seltzer
- For Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup dried hibiscus
- 10 strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- For Cocktail: To a cocktail shaker filled with ice add hibiscus strawberry syrup and gin. Shake well, strain over a glass filled with ice, top with club soda or seltzer.
- For Syrup: Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan stirring until all sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, add hibiscus and strawberries. Allow to steep for 10 minutes. With a fork mash strawberries to release all juice, cool completely. Fine-strain, stir in lemon juice. If not using immediately store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.