Cinnamon simple syrup combines with fresh pear juice (or pear nectar), tequila reposado and a splash of lemon juice to create the ultimate cinnamon pear margarita.
I am ALL about Fall in Texas. Can you blame me? Our Texas summers are brutal, so any drop in the temperatures has me pulling out all my pretty sweaters and testing recipes with all the yummy flavors of fall.
My little gals love pears, so once they hit the produce aisle I’m all over them. Diced into oatmeal, topped with cheese or drizzle with honey – they enjoy pears and I’m all for it.
Do you know what else pairs perfectly with pears? Cinnamon. Cinnamon adds warmth to any dish but combining pears with cinnamon screams fall.
Once the temperatures drop I keep my fridge stocked with cinnamon simple syrup for my morning coffee, afternoon tea, and pro supuesto my cocktails.
Cinnamon simple syrup combines with fresh pear juice (or pear nectar), tequila reposado and a splash of lemon juice (lemon juice perks up the pear juice) to create the ultimate cinnamon pear margarita.
When I first tested this recipe, I immediately thought I had FALL in my margarita glass! It is sweet, warm and delicious! I’m obsessed with this cinnamon pear margarita, it’s perfect for entertaining (showstopper), brunch and even tastier on the couch in sweats sipping while watching Halloween movies – Cinnamon Pear Margarita for the WIN!!
- 1- ounce tequila reposado
- 2 ounces fresh pear juice or pear nectar
- ½ ounce cinnamon simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon fresh pear slices for garnish
- For Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- For Cinnamon Simple Syrup: In a small saucepot add water and cinnamon sticks, bring to boil. Reduce heat, add sugar and simmer for 5 minutes, or until all sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, allow to cool. Use in cocktail or tea, store in the fridge for up to one week.
- For Pear Margarita: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all the ingredients, shake well. Pour into a chilled margarita glass and garnish with the fresh sliced pears. Garnish with ground cinnamon & cinnamon sticks.