Guys! Last night we celebrating Raised on Selena …. and it was simply magical.
I’ll be sharing a complete write up of the evening soon, but today I wanted to share one of the Selena inspired cocktails of the evening – The Como la Flor Margarita.
This creamy dreamy margarita is brimming with coconut, tequila and a hint of pineapple juice which compliments the coconut salt rim.
It is a show stopper. My guests were served this icy cold margarita with Pizza inspired by Selena. You can find my Tex-Mex pizza here.
A Selena inspired margarita the Como la Flor will make you go bidi bidi bom bom all night.
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- Lime wedges
- Coconut salt for rimming
- Run a lime wedge around the rim of a margarita glass, rim with coconut salt. Fill glasses with ice and place in freezer until ready to serve.
- To a pitcher filled with ice combine lime juice, cream of coconut, tequila, orange liqueur, and pineapple juice. Stir to mix well. Serve over ice.
- To make coconut salt: place 1/4 cup of salt and 2-4 teaspoons of your shredded coconut into a food processor, process until flavors combine. Use to rim margarita glasses.