Sweet or Savory Avocado Breakfast Sauce

avocado breakfast sauce 035 685x1024 Sweet or Savory Avocado Breakfast Sauce   dressings

Busy mornings call for quick, tasty, colorful meals.  Fruit salad and tostadas are a two of my favorite go to breakfast meals.  Both offer endless combinations of flavors.  Throw into the mix a creamy avocado breakfast sauce and breakfast is served!

avocado breakfast sauce 006 685x1024 Sweet or Savory Avocado Breakfast Sauce   dressings

Fresh fruit is bathed in a sweet avocado sauce.  Ripe avocados are blended with agave to provide a hint of sweetness.  Papaya, melon, mango and avocado..que rico!

avocado breakfast sauce 077 810x1024 Sweet or Savory Avocado Breakfast Sauce   dressings

Craving a hearty breakfast? Why not try a savory avocado sauce? Avocados are blended with lime juice, salt, oregano and pepper.

avocado breakfast sauce 020 680x1024 Sweet or Savory Avocado Breakfast Sauce   dressings

So many options……

avocado breakfast sauce 044 1024x685 Sweet or Savory Avocado Breakfast Sauce   dressings

Eggs..fresh spinach..avocado sauce. My personal favorite.    avocado breakfast sauce 046 1024x685 Sweet or Savory Avocado Breakfast Sauce   dressings

Cheesy eggs with avocado sauce. Perfect for the kiddos! Chorizo with eggs and avocado sauce. At my hubby’s request, yummy!   avocado breakfast sauce 050 1024x667 Sweet or Savory Avocado Breakfast Sauce   dressings

Avocado Breakfast Sauce (sweet)

makes 2 cups

2 avocados, cut in half and pitted

1 tbsp agave

4 tsp fresh lime juice

1 tsp salt

1/4 cup of water

In a food processor or blender add avocados, agave, lime juice and salt. Blend until smooth, adding water a little at the time if needed, to loosen sauce.  Mix with fruit salad of your choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avocado Breakfast Sauce

makes 1 cup

1 avocado, cut in half and pitted

2 tsp fresh lime juice

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp oregano

1 tsp freshly ground pepper

1/4 cup of water

In a food processor or blender add avocados, lime juice, salt, oregano and pepper. Blend until smooth adding water a little at the time if needed, to loosen sauce.  Drizzle over tostadas.

I would love to thank Cristy from Avocados from Mexico for sending me a stunning box of Avocados.

Comments

Breakfast/brunch are my favorite meals, and I’m happy to find something new to add to my repertoire. Also love the versatility of these sauces! By the way, I’m crazy about avocado!

¡”Qué rico” se le queda corto! ¡De chuparse los dedos! =D

So many easy-to-make and delicious breakfast ideas! Thank you so much for your creativity! Will share this sauce on our FB Page/Recipes and Tips App with an incoming link!

Awesome avocado love!
    #iloveavocados

honestly, i can see myself sitting down with a little bowl of avocado sauce–no base ingredients needed! i love all your suggestions and images. :)

I love how you take the avocado sauce in either direction…sweet, salty, whatever you’re craving at the moment! Personally, I’ll take both!

There is nothing like tostadas. The combinations, as you said, are endless. I’ve never had them with fruit nor for breakfast. That is something I’ll have to change now after seeing your post :)

My Gosh Bonnie. This is gonna me ever present on my fridge from now on. Creamy avocado sauce, with fruits just the perfect breakfast. And it will be drizzled on anything and everything. Thanks girl .

What an interesting use of avocado — as a sweet topper for fruit. I think we so often use avocado in savory applications that we forget it’s actually a fruit, itself. ;)

Would love both savory and sweet versions! I may make the eggs with the savory avocado sauce for my daughter’s supper tonight, she would like that very much.

wow- what an amazing idea to do. I have never thought about having avocado in any way for breakfast but we love our Avocados in this house and this a must try. Would also be great for brunch or lunch! thanks girl!

These pictures are amazing. Love the avocado sauce spilling from the cup. Plus, what great ideas for unique breakfasts…something to break up my usual oatmeal and banana. Yes, please!

What a lovely spread of choices for breakfast and your creativity just makes them all the more tempting! :) You make everyone craves for breakfast every morning! ;) (Perhaps you should go to those people who do not believe in breakfasts with your post, I am sure you could convert them immediately ;)

Wow, I love the idea avocado sauce…I am sure that is a nice addition to eggs…the pictures are so inviting. Have a wonderful week :-)

Now that is my kind of breakfast! It looks so incredibly delicious with that avocado sauce. My husband and I are moving to Austin in three weeks and will have to become very familiar with the breakfast taco, so if I made these it would be a good start for us both! :) Thanks for sharing. I’m glad to have found your beautiful blog and am going to explore more of your recipes! – Georgia