Paletas de Pepino y Uva
Over the weekend I made a HUGE pitcher of agua de pepino. With the all the hustle and bustle that comes from any great weekend the pitcher was slowly edged to the back of the fridge. On Sunday evening while making dinner I reached into the fridge for cilantro and noticed the pitcher of agua. A pitcher of agua go to waste in my kitchen, I think not.
I pulled out my paleta mold, diced a few grapes and made paletas.
They were good, so good, like crazy good. I should know I had 2 for a midnight snack! Enjoy!
- 4 large cucumbers peeled,seeded and diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 limes
- 4 -6 tsp agave
- 2 cups of water
- 1-1 1/2 cups diced grapes
- In blender add cucumbers, salt, lime juice, agave and 1 cup of water.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add juice to a pitcher with remaining 1 cup of water.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add grapes to your paleta mold.
- Insert wooden popsicle stick and pour agua over grapes.
- Freeze for about 4 hours.
- Run your mold under warm water to loosen the paleta.
Try soaking your wooden stick in warm water 20 minutes before using. This helps the stick to stay in place.
I’m sharing these Paletas with Summer of the Popsicle 2012 over at Girlichef and Summer Fest with Food Network the Dish