I’m frantically packing today because I’m heading to Blogher in NYC!! I’m pretty stoked! I had planned for my first trip to NYC to be in December for my Christmas Holiday, but when Avocados for Mexico asked if I would like to join in on the fun and be an ambassador I said Heck Ya!!
I searched online and the temps in NYC are highs in the 90’s this weekend. Not too much of a difference than here in Texas and high humidity is expected. This Texan should not have any problems adjusting, lol.
Before I hop on my flight tomorrow morning I did want to leave you with an avocado jammed packed lunch idea, avocado grilled cheese sandwiches. I enjoy them for lunch, dinner and I have even been known to add scrambled egg for a on the go breakfast meal.
If you are in NYC and want to chat email (sweetlifebake @ gmail.com) or tweet me. I’ll be the cool gal wearing blinged out Avocado for Mexico earrings (swoon) and you can find me on the streets asking locals “what do you think of when you hear the words avocados and abuelita together?” How fun!!
Follow along on instagram @sweetlifebake with hashtag #ILoveAvocados #AmoLosAguacates
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 4 slices Texas toast or bread of your choice
- Lime juice
- In a bowl add sliced avocado and toss with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Assemble sandwich, layer 1 slice bread with one slice of cheese, add avocado slices and top with cheese and remaining slice of bread.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a nonstick skillet over medium – low heat.
- Add sandwich to pan. Cook until cheese melts and bread is golden in color. About 3 minutes each side.