A chilled glass, a little salt around the rim, a fresh splash of lime juice and the sizzle of tequila – does it get any better?
- 3 fl oz tequila, blanco
- 1 oz Cointreau or triple sec
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 cup ice
- Lime wedges
- Spread salt on small plate, moisten rims of 2 (6 oz) glasses with lime wedges and invert onto the salt.
- Place in freezer to chill.
- In a cocktail shaker combine tequila, cointreau or triple sec, lime juice and ice.
- Shake vigorously 10-13 times, strain into glasses.