Sweet Life Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with La Lechera. As a member of the La Lechera Team I am happily spreading the word about La Lechera. Thank you for supporting the brands I collaborate with to bring you exciting new recipes.
Mini Mexican Chocolate Cheesecakes with Fresh Berries
Springtime is all about trying new things and exploring the world with fresh eyes. Celebrate Spring by creating new memories in the kitchen with your little ones.
When I had kids, I knew that I wanted to share my love of cooking with them, and baking was the perfect way to get them started since they could be really hands on. I still bring my little ones to the counter and have them help me measure ingredients, stir the batter and fill the baking pan with all of the deliciousness that we created together.
Rich and Delicious Mini Mexican Chocolate Cheesecakes
Today, I want to share with you a rich and delicious recipe made with La Lechera® Sweetened Condensed Milk. These Mini Mexican Chocolate Cheesecakes are a decadent treat, brimming with fresh berries and drizzled with warm La Lechera® Dulce De Leche. It has a distinctive flavor and creamy texture that my family absolutely loves. I always keep a can or two in my pantry, in case I get inspired to recreate one of my abuelita’s recipes.
They are also the perfect recipe to invite the kids into the kitchen to help you whip up this rich and creamy dessert that the whole family can enjoy. I remember how much fun I had baking with my kids when they could barely even reach the counter top. They loved working side-by-side with Mami and getting their hands dirty, and still do!
Mini Mexican Chocolate Cheesecakes with Fresh Berries Recipe
These Mini Mexican Chocolate Cheesecakes make the perfect introduction to baking. They’re kid-sized and easy to make with just a few ingredients. In a large bowl, have the kids whip together the cream cheese, melted chocolate, and La Lechera® Sweetened Condensed Milk until well blended. Add paper liners to a muffin tin and fill generously with your cheesecake batter. Then pop them in the fridge to chill.
While you’re waiting on these delicious treats, you can get the kids started on the yummy fruit topping to add to their individual cheesecakes. Top with raspberries, blueberries or any other fresh fruit you prefer. A drizzle of La Lechera® Dulce De Leche is the perfect topping for these decadent and delicious treats.
- 24 wafer cookies
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope (.25 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can La Lechera sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping
- 1 cup La Lechera dulce de leche
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners and place one wafer cookie in each muffin cup.
- Place water in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water and allow to stand for 2 minutes. Gently warm gelatin mixture over a low heat, whisking until all gelatin dissolves; remove from heat.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy, about 4 minutes then add melted chocolate and ground cinnamon. Continue beating, scraping down sides as needed until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Reduce mixer speed, add sweetened condensed milk and mix until well combined, scraping down sides as needed.
- Mix in gelatin mixture until combined then frozen whipped topping, scraping down as needed. Pour into prepared pans and refrigerate for up to 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with dulce de leche, top with berries and garnish with fresh mint.