Fajitas! They are mouth watering! Can’t get enough of these Tex-Mex delights? Well, you don’t have to wait around for your next visit to enjoy fajitas, why not try making at home?
Restaurant quality fajitas are one of the easiest grilled meals you can make at home. All you need is a simple marinade, a few hours in the fridge to let all those flavors tenderize the skirt steak or chicken and off to the grill.
Fajitas cook up in no time, are a great go-to for a family get-together or party and are perfect served family style. Set up a taco bar, complete with different topping from salsa, sliced onions, radishes, roasted peppers, cheeses, crema or sour cream. Your guests will have a great time customizing their tacos while you man the grill. So dust off the grill and let’s get cooking.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- To serve with the fajitas:
- 6 flour tortillas 8 inches, warmed
- 1 small onion sliced thin
- Sliced radishes
- Flour tortillas
- Lime wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the canola oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin and oregano; add the chicken.
- Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Pre-heat your grill.
- Remove the chicken from marinade.
- Grill chicken for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until desired temperature is reached.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Add the chicken fajitas to center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with salsa, guacamole, sliced onion, radishes, cilantro and wedges of lime
Feed Me Phoebe: Grilled Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
The Lemon Bowl: Indian Spiced Grilled Chicken
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Fajita Spiced Beer Can Chicken
Dishing With Divya: General Tso’s Chicken with Indian Jeera Rice
Weelicious: Breaded Chicken Cutlets with Pea Salad
Sweet Life Bake: Chicken Fajitas
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Farmhouse Fried Chicken
Red or Green: Spicy Chicken Provencal with Peppers and Heirloom Tomatoes
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Sweet and Sour Sesame Chicken
Domesticate Me: Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa
Devour: 5 Sizzling Skewers
Swing Eats: Long John Silver’s Style Fried Chicken Planks (Gluten-Free)
Food for 7 Stages of Life: Best Tandoori Chicken Recipe
Taste With The Eyes: Perfect Chicken Dish to Serve to a Crowd
FN Dish: Chicken is Better with Grill Marks