Fudge Brownies with Sweet Potato

excuse 021 1024x206 Fudge Brownies with Sweet Potato uncategorized sweet treats

I will find any excuse under the sun to stuff my mouth with chocolate.  Yes– I am being totally and completely honest with you my fellow readers. I have no shame..I made this recipe only to make myself feel better in knowing that I would ingest my beloved chocolate. Pureed sweet potatoes are added to the mix making it healthier for you…as in another EXCUSE to love myself silly with chocolate….peace and goodnight…Enjoy!

excuse 009 1024x685 Fudge Brownies with Sweet Potato uncategorized sweet treats

See how simply dense and moist……

excuse 025 801x1024 Fudge Brownies with Sweet Potato uncategorized sweet treats

Can you see the slight tint of orange from the sweet potato? I think it gave the brownie such character…of goodness that is…

Fudge Brownies

Comments

This is awesome! I bake cakes using sweet potatoes, butternut squash, zucchini, & beets all the time. Its nice to see someone else doing the same. Your blog is soooo cute! I love it!

Please don’t feel bad about your love of chocolate – you’re not alone! These sound truly scrumptious and look absolutely deicious, what an inspiring recipe.

what an interesting addition! this batch of brownies is probably one of the most moist that i’ve ever seen–i’ll bet they just melt in your mouth. no, no excuses needed for these!

Bonnie, I just browsed through your entire blog. I really liked seeing how your blog had evolved up to this point ;]

And who doesn’t love baked goods with a secret?

I love, love, love that you are not hiding the sweet potato in these brownies. It’s sad when we sweep under the rug the healthy stuff, but here you have such beautiful swirls of orange puree, it makes me really WANT sweet potato in my brownies! I bet they are moist and flavorful. I can’t wait to try these! Yum!

There is absolutely no need to make any kind of excuses for chocolate. I have chocolate practically every single day of the year and I LOVE IT!!!
    But having some sweet potatoes to up the healthy quotient is always amaze-balls.
    Chocolate? Enough said ;)

I never would have thought to combine chocolate with something like sweet potatoes. I am a sucker for anything chocolate and will be trying these very soon.

Sounds delicious! I’ve never tried sweet potatoes in my brownies — I’ll have to bookmark this and make sure to try it right after I make blackbean brownies!

Oh my, that looks so moist and delicious. I can’t remember the last time I treated myself to a brownie. Actually, I can’t remember the last time I treated myself to anything! :-O

I sent the recipe to my sister. She is the “baker” in the family. Perhaps I can taste test it. :)

I LOVE sweet potatoes. AND brownies. I can’t believe you combined the two! What a genius idea.

I always love your word art with the food!

well, sweet potatoes are a very nutritious vegi…so I’ll buy into your excuse :). They DO look Yumms
    I love the food words! You kill me. I love butt tacos!

I’m trying to imagine how these taste. The combination of sweet potato and chocolate should be a good one and I’m certain the potato adds moisture to the brownie. I love recipes that stray from the tried and true and this one fills the bill. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings…Mary

You must be my long lost sister! I’ve been a chocoholic since I was a child. I don’t bother making excuses if I want chocolates. I always buy a bar (sometimes 2) every week when I do my groceries. I never thought of combining it with sweet potatoes though. Very interesting! :)

I love how you use your food to write messages in the post.

Because chocolate by itself is one of those so called foods, I think adding sweet potatoes send it into the realm of health food. Eat up and enjoy. No guilt!

Dear Bonnie – You are always a surprise! One can never ever take you for granted because you are a fountain of endless creativity.

Agree on the chocolate..unfortunately the size of my ass is deterrent enough…adding the sweet potato is super yummy.

What a great combination of flavors!

Ciao, Devaki @ weavethousandflavors

Never know what to expect here Bonnie – precisely why I love your place so much. Always something fun going on :D These are gorgeous and all I gotta do is throw the butter out, maybe put in more sweet potato and this becomes mum-friendly. I know she’ll love this. Thanks girl – you da bomb!