Guava-Tequila Glazed Fajitas

Hello my loves.  I hope all is well.  My sincerest apologies for being completely absent for the last week, but my family is in town and well my heart has been completely occupied with so much dang cuteness.  With my nieces, nephews, my brother and sister- really- my heart cannot take so much love and complete joy.  My little sister arrived in town last Thursday and just to have her in Texas has been wonderful.  Those with kids can understand that dinner with other adults, where cocktails are consumed and food does not need to be cut into smaller pieces…well that in itself almost brought me to tears.  Not leaving the kiddos out we visited a butterfly park and just the sight of those little faces taking in the butterflies, well people I have become a deranged love filled, emotional wreck and semi drunk with so many wines bottles being enjoyed over games of UNO.  Yes, we are addicted to UNO and it literally cracks us up that we are able to talk trash, change diapers, hand out snacks, consume  2 bottles of wine all the while still watching our cards.  With some much going on I have had little time in the kitchen but a girl’s gotta eat, right? So we whipped up these quick fajitas glazed with guava jelly and cheap tequila (the best for margaritas).  If you cannot find guava jelly feel free to use any you have on hand.  I have used blackberry with great results, the guava gives these fajitas a tart back ground and the guava infuses these fajitas with a beautiful rich red glaze. Enjoy! Sweet Life

***I will more than likely stay offline until Monday morning to completely focus on our small time together, so please know that yall are in my heart and I cannot wait to visit your fab vlogs when  return. Kisses from our house to yours, have a great weekend!!***

Guava- Tequila glazed fajitas

2 cups guava jelly

4 cloves minced garlic

4 tbsp fresh lime juice

1/2 cup tequila

add the guava jelly, garlic in a small sauce pan over medium heat, until jelly has dissolved- if the jelly has trouble dissolving add a small amount of water just to help it along.  Remove from heat and add tequila and lime juice.  Season fajitas with salt and pepper and brush with glaze. Cook on grill or cast iron skillet, basting with glaze as needed.

Comments

You may have had me at guava…I know you had me at tequila….tequila…..tequila…now where was I? No, seriously this sounds so great and sweet…YUM

Your week sounds beautiful–drunkenness, love, Uno and all ;] I have discovered that the best times with friends and family are those where you are just plain silly and take things as they come, haha, I like how you were able to hand out snacks at the same time.

I like your food, especially that gorgeous caramel colour.

• Vianneybonnie says

@fattydumpling……I love your comments, they always make me smile, your super sweet…Texas HUGS going out

sweetlfe

Aww :) It sounds like your having a great week. I even find butterflies fascinating, so I could imagine the expressions on your nieces and nephews faces. I can’t wait to see my own little nieces next weekend…

well – I hate tequilla – but maybe you have converted me. These really look so so so tasty! What a great idea!I apologize for not keeping up with my readings. We left for Paris mid July and are currently in Belgrade. We’ll be home sometime next week – and I cannot wait to be home. I love to get away, but going home is just as exciting. And this time, In have had so many fascinating culinary experiences, that I cannot wait to practice in my kitchen at home!
    Valerie

Glad to read you’re enjoying quality time with family. Yes, taking a break from the net is not a bad thing. We surely do understand the time off ;o) We all get there at some point.

Thanks for the recipe.

Ciao for now and flavourful wishes,

I am so glad you had a grand time with your family – sounds like the perfect way to catch up with loved ones. In our family its scrabble, but I am not sure how well we’d be able to multi task – wine definitely impedes my game.

These fajitas sound divine!

well honeybun, glad you’re spending time with the kiddies and family, the fajitas look & sound wonderful and reading the last of your post, sounds like your’re still having fun with the wine – enjoy your weekend…

Dear Vianney – There is no better way to spend time with family than surrounded by all the cuteness whose food need not be cut into bite size pieces :) I think there is not a Mom out there who would not appreciate the wisdom of those words.

The use of tequila with guava jelly is really really special and a flavor that is completely new to me – can’t wait to try.

Hugs, Devaki @ weavethousandflavors

Bonnie! I want a play UNO! I’m glad your’e having a nice time with your family. Our family get togethers are like that until someone starts a fight, and then it’s all shot (smile). So I’m glad you guys are more functional than us….
    Oh, and these fajitas look awesome. I love guava jelly-I can get it here too!

Ok, there needs to be a gallery somewhere that I can visit with these pics in it, because dayumn. I can’t stop staring. This is the most captivating example I’ve seen of food as art.
    Yum ;).