Chocolate Coconut Bars

chocolate coconut 039 685x1024 Chocolate Coconut Bars uncategorized sweet treats

I’m almost embarrassed to post these, almost, scratch that I have no shame people, these bars came about for the need to have a quick treat to send with hubby for a work luncheon.  Being that they are extremly, embarrassingly easy hasn’t stopped me from making them 5 times since I have been home from vacation.  Any event this past week that came up with hubby these beauties were made and quickly cut into bars.  The only problem is that I keep leaving small pieces for me, so take into account that I have made these 5 times and add up each piece I have ravished, it quickly adds up to some serious sugar intake.  But me being the calm and collective person I am figure that each piece must be consumed to remind myself of my superior baking skills (whatever).  The crust is pulsed graham crackers held together with melted butter pressed into a 9×13 pan.  This can be even easier, I know I know, if you use packaged ground graham crumbs which I found while searching for panko.  I almost fainted, when was this invented? Why didn’t anyone call me?  Of course I grabbed a box, then proceeded to melt the butter in the microwave and the process was cut in half, oh I could cry of complete joy.

Okay, people take my word and march into your kitchen or run like I do and whip these up. You won’t be disappointed and while you devour a piece, you can smile thanking me for being super cool.  Enjoy Sweet Life!

Oh and since I am in a self praise mode, why don’t you stop by  Drick’s Rambling Cafe wherere there is a whole post dedicated to me, you know your truly loved when someone creates recipes in your honor.  Check out a great recipe for Livin’ the Sweet Life Chicken Tacos , love it! Texas hugs going out to Drick for thinking of me, your too cool Dude, love ya!

chocolate coconut 012 1017x1024 Chocolate Coconut Bars uncategorized sweet treats

I made smaller versions for this post, the recipe is for a 9×13.

chocolate coconut 042 1024x685 Chocolate Coconut Bars uncategorized sweet treats

Chocolate Coconut Bars

serves 12

3 cups graham cracker crumbs (almost 20 cookies)

1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, melted

1/4 tsp sea salt

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

2 cups sweetened coconut

1 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray or butter a 9×13, set aside.

**************

Pulse graham crackers in the food processor until finey ground or you can used pre boxed graham cups.

In a large bowl mix together crumbs, melted butter, salt until combined.  Place mixture into pan and press into bottom.

Sprinkle coconut over crust.

Sprinkle chocolate chips over coconut.

Pour condensed milk over mix.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes until edges are lightly brown.

Comments

DO NOT be embarrassed about how easy these are! They sound perfect for prepping on a weeknight to bring in to work, where no one needs to know how quick they were to toss together :)

If you inspired a a taco recipe, it must be great so I’ll check it out!

A friend of mine used to make me similar treats to cheer me up…and unfortunately cheered my pounds way up too in the process. No matter…she was the best…just like this amazing sweetness ;o)

I shall make these for her this time around…it’s been so long!

Ciao for now,

It just so happens that I have a potluck tomorrow and needed to bring a dessert! Thanks for sharing because now I have something EASY to make!
    Missed you too! I haven’t been around the blogosphere much since summer is so darn busy and I hate to spend my time on the computer!

Ohh, those are so cute! Especially how some of the chocolate chips look like hearts. & hey, any combo of chocolate, condensed milk, and coconut is amazing in my books =P.
    It’s blowing my mind that all you really have to do for these is layer ingredients, you never cease to amaze me =).
    Oh, and as an aspiring psychologist, I’m going to say that reminders of your baking abilities are good for promoting your sense of self-efficacy and stuff ;).

P.S: Oh, did I type that name in a comment once? Oops =P. Thank you, but that’s actually a nickname that gets used mostly when the “n” key on my laptop is being fussy. In my real name there’s an “n” between the two “i”s. But shhh =3.

~Kurious Kitteh

Oh wow…these look gorgeous. They are works of arts, and I’ll bet you fooled everyone into thinking you spent hours on them! Haha, I’m glad you found out the greatness of pre-crushed graham cracker crust. ;-)

always like an easy recipe, these do remind me of another bar, but then, there are so many……..thanks for the shout-out…great pics….

I was reading your list of ingredients thinking: she is seriously kidding! That easy? can’t be!
    Now I have to make them, with digestive biscuits or whatever! they sounds so sinfully good, so deliciously tempting and so ridiculously easy, wow!!!!!!

HAHA! If it tastes good, then your technique was perfect, eh? ;] This looks delicious, the combination of flavours sound awesome–single bits of chocolate spread out through a combo of coconut and condensed milk? That mixed with the graham cracker crust must make a divine textured experience in your mouth.

Oh my Bonnie, Just when I thought it was safe to go back to my dieting routine to get rid of some extra 6 pack I have I find your post. As I will be postponing the exercise and diet routine any suggestion how to stop at one. They look so good I don’t know if one will be enough. I am in trouble.

These remind me of Magic Cookie Bars without the nuts.

I really like the small tart size. I will keep this in mind for future use.

No need to be embarassed of doing simple things. This was simple, and spot on perfect as a mini tart. A keeper!

Nice of Drick’s to honor you!

Carmen

No shame love! These look scrumptious in those little tart pans, and I”m shocked how easy they are to throw together. I am duly impressed! And I know they taste amazing because with those ingredients…how could they not?

12. chulalvsski says

okay, okay!!!! It’s not just because she’s my sister, it not because she’s my best friend, and its not because she’s the coolest person I know but I tell you what these chocolate coconut bars are TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! I would know because she made some for my family when we arrived at her house to visit. Glad you posted these bars because I’ve been craving these!!! Thanks sis and love you

• Vianneybonnie says

@Chulavsski…well.. well… little sis, glad you dropped by for a visit…ah mija, thanks for your comment, I knew you would love therse why do you think I made them? not that it had anything to do with me! lol, love ya little sis…kisses, send my love to marcella and izzy and tell them my heart misses them..
      bonnie

LOL! I’m glad you have no shame. Heh heh heh! These look DELISH!

Hey! It’s pretty cool that you have a post dedicated to you. ;-)

Paz (who thanks you for telling her about packaged ground graham crumbs )

Oh Bonnie, you are wrong for this, girl (smile)! These look so good. In fact, I can’t look at them for too long, as I’m already jonesin’ for something sweet. I need to eat a piece of fruit or something…
    I’m going to send this to my sister, Hannah. I know she would love something sweet and easy like this-she’s in nursing school, so she needs easy sustenance!
    I’m going over to Drick’s now.
    p.s. Tell Chuls I said ‘hi!’…Pips too!