Cumin Citrus Fajitas
|May 23, 2012||Posted by Vianney under Dinners, Grilling, Mexican|
Cumin Citrus Fajitas
BBQ season is quickly approaching and the excitement has me craving the flavors of summer.
I love grilling! Grilling means school is out for the summer, less day to day rush and plenty of time outdoors.
Spending time outside in the fresh air, the warm sun, kids playing and the adults gathered around the grill. Grilling evokes low key, relaxed cooking and family time. As the temperature rises our grilling takes on a summer spin. Light, easy and exploding with flavor. Fuss free grilling is possible with a bit of planning. Marinate your meat and veggies overnight for one less step the day of grilling. Toss a big salad and serve with plenty of fresh cut fruit and colorful pitchers of your favorite summer beverage.
These fajitas are quick to pull together. Stash in your fridge until your ready to grill and dinner is done!
Citrus combines with cumin and cilantro to give your fajitas a light marinade. Grill, slice and serve. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 2 pounds fajitas, skirt steak, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- In a large, heavy-duty freezer plastic bag, combine lime juice, orange juice, garlic, cumin, cilantro and olive oil.
- Add fajitas, shake to combine, seal and place in fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the gas or charcoal grill to high heat.
- Remove fajitas; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Share what it is you love about grilling in the summer and why grilling is your happiness!
These are just some of the reasons why Grilling is my Happiness. Besides all of the tasty food, tell me what you love about grilling. One of my lucky readers who answers below will win a $25 Sears Gift Card!
© 2012, Sweet Life. All rights reserved. Please contact us to request written approval for reproduction of images and recipes.