Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos
In the mood for tacos? What about flavorful tacos that are easy to prep and can be made in the slow cooker? I’m all about ease these days, with summer winding down and a new school year upon us I am ready for easy meals that pack a flavorful punch. This slow cooker shredded chicken not only taste amazing but is very versatile as it can be used to create several dishes. Use this shredded chicken for burritos, tacos, enchiladas, nachos or tortas.
The chicken is perfectly flavored with the help of my good friends at Old El Paso. I used their original taco seasoning mix and added a bit of spice with their chopped green chiles. You can totally leave out the green chiles, but they do add a layer of warmth to the chicken that is crazy good. Slow cooked until fork-tender and then shredded and piled high on warm flour tortillas this chicken is a great recipe to have in your collection.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-(14.5) ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pkg Old El Paso original taco seasoning mix
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Old El Paso flour tortillas
- garnish: cilantro
- Place onion, cloves, tomatoes, green chiles, chicken broth, taco seasoning and lime juice in slow cooker; whisk to combine. Add chicken breasts, stir to coat evenly and cover. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken breast to cutting board and with two forks shred. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and mix the shredded chicken in the sauce. Serve warm on warm flour tortillas.
Sweet Life Disclosure: This is a post in partnership with Old El Paso. All opinions are my own.