Sweet Life Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with Four Roses Bourbon in celebration of Down & Derby the 2016 Kentucky Derby. Thank you for supporting the brands Sweet Life collaborates with to bring you exciting new cocktails.
The first Saturday of May brings us the two-week long Kentucky Derby festival. I along with thousands others will be cheering on the jockeys, all while sipping on amazing bourbon cocktails.
When Four Roses Bourbon asked me to share the cocktail that I would be enjoying while I watched all the excitement unfolding I instantly thought of honey.
I’ve been experimenting with honey in my cocktails lately and when I spotted the honey smash on the Four Roses Bourbon website I knew I had to give it a try, plus bourbon makes me smile.
A touch of honey, a squeeze of orange, bourbon and orange curacou and I’m set to kick back to enjoy the excitement of the Kentucky Derby Races. I garnished my cocktail with a tiny dose of finely ground bee pollen, which adds another subtle note/texture of honey to this cocktail. It’s heavenly!
Honey Smash Bourbon Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounce Four Roses Yellow bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Orange Curacou
- 1/2 ounce honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen, finely ground
- Orange slices
- Thinly slice half and orange and squeeze other half.
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice add bourbon, curacou, honey and orange juice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a glass filled with ice, garnish with orange slice and finely ground bee pollen.