Christmas Cream Cookies with Rompope Frosting
My Christmas tree is all set, my lights are twinkling and this Texans has dozens of snowflakes slowly falling from her ceiling. My own winter wonderland in South Texas. Christmas season is here.
Christmas music, Las Posadas, tamales, rompope and Christmas cookies is what I look forward to every year. Days spent in the kitchen with family baking, making tamales and sharing stories, sometimes I wish the Christmas season was year – round.
The holiday season would not be complete without rompope, a creamy egg based Mexican version of eggnog often spiked with rum. Usually sipped alongside a plate of cookies I thought why not mix it up and use the rompope to frost my cream cookies. Rompope can be found in various flavors including chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, almond, and pine nut. If you cannot find rompope feel free to use your favorite eggnog.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup butter; cold diced
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla optional
- 1 tablespoon rompope eggnog
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a food processor place flour and butter. Pulse 4-6 times; until mixture resembles coarse meal, (the butter resembles pea size). Add cream tablespoon by tablespoon and pulse until dough holds together. Remove dough form into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough until slightly less 1/8 inch thick. Cut dough using cookie cutters and place a baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges start to brown, cool on wire rack and frost.
- With a mixer cream powdered sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add rompope until you reach desired consistency (thicker for spreading with offset spatula, thinner for dipping) stir in vanilla.
Whether it’s a personalized card or cookies right out of the oven, I love sharing the warmth of the holiday season with my family, friends and, of course, my readers! Comment below and I’ll mail you a card featuring my favorite cookie recipe, and Cardstore will share a coupon code for 75% off holiday cards so you can whip up a special batch of cards for the people you love. Just follow these simple steps: Step 1: Leave a comment below sharing your recipe for a happy holiday Step 2: When the registration box appears, complete the form Step 3: That’s it! My recipe and a coupon code from Cardstore will be sent to you by mail This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cardstore. The opinions and text are all mine.