Creamy Pineapple & Coconut Empanadas
One last sweet treat (and giveaway) before my family arrives for the Holidays. Creamy empanadas stuffed with pineapple and coconut baked until crisp. The recipe is from Ericka of Nibbles and Feast. I enjoyed them so much I made them for my tamalada fiesta. My sister hid them for herself and papi ate 4 in one evening. That pretty much sums this empanada up. Tasty! I did manage to save a few for mi carino and he has been nibbling on them with his morning coffee.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 12 one 11.6-ounce package frozen store-bought empanada dough discs, defrosted
- 1 large egg beaten
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk and yogurt in a medium saucepan; heat over low heat. Add shredded coconut and pineapple.
- COMBINE cornstarch and water in small bowl; stir to dissolve. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into the condensed milk mixture; stir frequently until combined. Increase heat to high; bring to a quick boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture has thickened (it will continue to thicken as it cools). Set aside to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- PREHEAT oven to 450° F. Grease large baking sheets.
- PLACE 1 1/2 heaping tablespoons of pineapple/coconut mixture in center of each empanada disc. Brush edges with egg; fold in half and crimp edges with fork to seal. Place empanadas on prepared baking sheets; brush with egg.
- BAKE for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Recipe and Photo from Nestle El Mejor Nido
Comment below for your chance to win this prize pack from Nestle! Easy!
Giveaway ends Jan 4, 2013
Open to US residents only. Winner will be notified by email.
Sweet Life Disclosure~ This is a sponsored post.