Avocado Hummus – Humus de Aguacate
en español haga clic aquí
Growing up mami always had garbanzo beans in the pantry. She adored them and would find any excuse to add them to our meals, with calditos, fideo or to arroz con pollo; garbanzo were a staple in our household.
On Christmas Eve the family gathers to attend Midnight mass then we head to mami’s house for a late meal. This year we kept it light with sandwiches, salads and appetizers. I knew this avocado hummus would be a great addition to our festive table served with warm baked tortilla chips.
- 1 can 15.5 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe avocados diced
- 3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 3 tablespoons Salud de Paloma extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, cilantro, garlic, and avocados. Process until finely chopped. With machine running, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, and then add lime juice, until mixture is smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve with baked tortilla chips.