How to Make Spicy Micheladas
Winter weather getting you down? Well it’s time to turn up the heat in the kitchen and celebrate because today is National Hot Sauce Day! And to celebrate I want to share with you a cocktail that is sure to help beat those winter blues.
Spicy Micheladas are simple to make and in this video my co-author Yvette and I walk you through each step and share a few of our favorite appetizers that pair well with this cocktail.
This cocktail is featured in Latin Twist: Traditional & Modern Cocktails my first book which will be published in April, be sure to pre-order your copy here. Hooray!
A Michelada is a Mexican beer cocktail made with fresh lime juice and tomato juice. A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce and plenty of Tabasco make this Spicy Michelada tangy, refreshing and the ultimate cocktail for your next fiesta. Don’t forget to rim those glasses and add a fresh stalk of celery, yum!
We paired these spicy micheladas with a few of our favorite appetizers Mexican shrimp cocktail and queso fundido. Spicy micheladas along with these quick and easy appetizers would make for an ultimate Super Bowl feast. Have your guests customize their own michelada and serve these appetizers family style, this allows you to kick back and enjoy the game. Salud!
- Tajin fruit seasoning
- ¼ cup ice
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup tomato or vegetable juice recommend V8
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash Tabasco
- 1 bottle 12 ounces amber beer of your choice
- Celery stalk optional, for garnish
- Moisten rim of a beer glass with a lime wedge. Pour some Tajin fruit seasoning out onto a plate and rub the rim of the glass in the seasoning to coat.
- Put ice in glass. Pour lime juice, tomato juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and beer into the prepared glass and stir. Garnish with a celery stalk. Enjoy before the ice melts.
recipe from Latin Twist: Traditional & Modern Cocktails
Sweet Life Disclosure: Special thanks to Tabasco for sponsoring this video.