Why buy store-bought coffee creamer when you make your own, at home? Better yet add conchas to that Sunday morning creamer and ease into our day on a sweet note with my homemade concha coffee creamer.
Coffee just tastes better on Sunday mornings. Lingering around the table, preparing brunch and sipping my coffee is what I live for all week. Every Sunday I like to add a special twist to my coffee, a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of cloves, or a shot of liqueur.
A few weeks ago, while sitting at the table I dunked my concha in my coffee, the concha crumbled in the coffee as I grabbed my spoon to remove the concha – my daughter Angelica said mom, “instant concha coffee creamer.”
And then it hit me – Homemade Concha Coffee Creamer!
I’m highlighting my childhood love for Conchas with a new series called TODAS LAS CONCHAS. 14 days of new concha recipes leading up to the sweetest day Valentine’s Day, featuring our beloved concha.
My first day I shared Concha Brownies, today I am excitedly thrilled to share with you how easy it is to make Homemade concha coffee creamer at home.
The sweet smell of conchas reminds me of my childhood. Nothing made me happier than walking to the panaderia with my Abuelito to buy pan dulce – the pink ones were my sister’s favorite; I preferred a chocolate concha. They were soft, fluffy, and sweet just like my Abuelito.
I grew up with conchas – and I am now raising my daughters on conchas – todo el amor
No other pan dulce represents our heritage culture, love of Mexico and reminds us of home and family like the concha.
The concha is SO much more than just a delicious pastry, it is part of our childhood, our memories of time with the family and the sweetest gift we share with our children.
What I also love is that talented bakers & bakeries are continuing to bake, share and experiment with our beloved concha gifting us with amazing new flavors, new concha designs and desserts featuring the concha – todo el talento
Today I want to share a quick and easy creamy homemade concha coffee creamer that you can whip up in under ten minutes just in time for brunch.
TIPS ON MAKING HOMEMADE CONCHA COFFEE CREAMER
- For this recipe I used milk, feel free to use skim, fat-free or even coconut milk.
- Day-old conchas can be used.
- I used chocolate conchas for this recipe – use the concha flavor of your choice.
- You can swap out 2 tsp ground cinnamon for the cinnamon sticks.
- Make this creamer, strain and keep warm on stove-top when entertaining.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days, shake before each use.
- This also makes a great gift idea for the holidays, hostess gifts or bridal brunch. Add a cute mug and specialty bag of coffee – love!
- 1 can 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 conchas diced
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until conchas dissolve, about 5-7 minutes. Strain, and use immediately in your coffee. Store in the fridge, for up to 3 days. Shake before using after refrigeration.
Do you love Conchas? Share with me your favorite concha memory in the comment below and enjoy these new concha recipes.
MORE CONCHA RECIPES: