Livin’ the Sweet Life Chicken Tacos

chicken fajitas 002 150x150 Livin the Sweet Life Chicken Tacos dinners chuls gang

I’m a blusher.

If you ever meet me, prepare yourself there will be blushing.

I sometimes, no always, wear extra blush so when I blush you can’t see it.  Does it make sense?  No sense, that’s why it works.

Did I ever blush when I clicked on Drick’s blog, an entire post dedicated to me.  Blushing.

A recipe named after me.  Blushing.

chicken fajitas 004 865x1024 Livin the Sweet Life Chicken Tacos dinners chuls gang

Isn’t Drick sweet!!   When I first stumbled across his blog I could imagine cooking alongside him, on Sunday, feeding both our extended families.  That’s love people!  These chicken tacos ooze of love, sweetness and a touch of heat.  The recipes is super easy, no fail and yummy.  I should know I have enjoyed these tacos four times, yes four times.  It’s Texas courtesy to attempt a recipe dedicated to you, repeat a recipe dedicated to you three times over that can only mean one thing…it rocks!  My belly was happy after I devoured these chicken tacos and Sweet Life’s belly don’t lie, the chicken is good, really good.   It can’t hurt either that the recipe is easy, Chuls whipped up two of the four batches while I napped (awesome, I know). Enjoy! Sweet Life!

Thanks again Drick for the fablous recipe, I have printed it out and added it to our family cookbook.  I also thank you for your continuous love, support and friendship.  One day we shall cook together, laugh together and feast together.  Love, Blushes and  Big Texas Hugs !!!

chicken fajitas 006 680x1024 Livin the Sweet Life Chicken Tacos dinners chuls gang

Livin’ the Sweet Life Chicken  Tacos

by Drick of Drick’s Rambling Cafe

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1/2 cup red wine vinegar

1/4 cup olive oil

1 jalapeno, seeded and minced

2 tsp Dijon mustard

3 garlic pods, minced

1 tsp sea salt

1 tsp freshly ground pepper

1 tsp cayenne

1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

2 tbsp native honey, optional

—————-

Wash and clean up the chicken.  Pat each piece dry with a paper towel.  Slice each breast horizontally in half and with a mallet, pound to an even thickness.

Combine everything in a seable plastic bag, add the chicken pieces and marinate for 1 to 2 hours.

Grilling: Remove chicken from bag and discard the marinade.  Grill the chicken over medium high heat until brown on each side.

Remove to a platter and cover with foil.

Assembly: Slice chicken into 1/4 thick slices. Fold taco and stuff with sliced chicken.

Comments

Aw, that’s so sweet! You definitely deserve a recipe named after you (especially such a yummy-sounding one), you inspire so many with all the amazingness you cook up on your blog!
    & those look delish; I’m off to buy some jalapeno now!

~Kurious Kitteh

It’s been so long since I’ve made tacos. I promise when I do they will be yours, you make them look irresistable :) … are you blushing?!

Ohhh…Bonnie, does this mean that your Hubby has a little climbing to do of his own now that you’ve been selected on the tree of appreciation??? Or, are you spoiled all the way around. LOL

Love that you’re getting and enjoying this type of attention…it does you good to know that you must be doing something right ;o)

I haven’t had supper yet…you’ve made me hungry!

Have a great week,

My Bonnie is a blusher! That’s too cute;-)
    Oh, and Drick’s chicken tacos look great, but they pale in comparison to a sweet, loyal friend. There’s nothing quite that great (smile)…

How wonderful to have a recipe dedicated to you! I’d probably blush too even if I don’t blush easily.

Now this is “recreate-able” over here.

My belly doesn’t lie either and it’s telling me it’s lunch time!

Yay, tacos :D, hand some over here daaaahling, they look fabulous!
    You have a great blog, no surprise somebody decided to write about you–still it is always the best feeling to know you are appreciated!
    *kisses* HH

Hey Bonnie, it comes as no surprise what so ever that you were showcased on Drick’s blog! You and these tacos deserve every bit of attention! It is just a testament to your enormous creativity and talent.

chow! Devaki @ weavethousandflavors

I’m not really much of a blusher but I do love it when my cheeks have a nice rosy sunburnt glow. That’s the real reason why I run outside :P

I love the sound of the flavors in this chicken! These are some awesome tacos for sure.

Oh you are so cute! I hope that one day I do have the pleasure of meeting you. You are an amazing woman, and I think this will be one of many many recipes that are inspired by you. I want to make these chicken tacos right now. They look better than anything I could order at a restaurant! Thank you for sharing your tasty tacos with me. I hope you had a great day…may tomorrow be even better!

Keep blushin’ because these tacos are making my heart sing!!! Perfect food for TX winter-time… Nothing better than warm tortillas and a yummy savory filling!!!

Oh! How wonderful to have a post dedicated to you. If it were me, I’d be blushing, too. And the meal looks and sounds so tasty. I’ve saved the recipe and plan on making it soon. ;-)

Paz

now I am blushing… would not that be the grandest of all Sundays? to share the warmth of family, of food and of friendship? – so blessed to know you my friend, I have never met a Texan I would not call family…