Papaya Margarita

papaya margarita 007 680x1024 Papaya Margarita melon margaritas fruit margaritas beverages

Sipping Saturday

The temperatures are rising in my little corner of the world.  Light meals followed by refreshing beverages are currently on our menu.  Fresh fruit for breakfast, agua fresca and paletas are what we crave.  Lucky me, our endless supply of fruit continues to fuel my margarita obsession.  Today I share with you a papaya margarita.  Enjoy! Sweet Life

papaya margarita 002 1024x680 Papaya Margarita melon margaritas fruit margaritas beverages

Sunshine bright chunks of papaya are juiced then combined with tequila.  Add a dash of lemon serve over ice for a thirst quenching Saturday margarita.  Have  great weekend!

Papaya Margarita

makes 4 margaritas

salt

lemon wedges

1 cup tequila

1 cup fresh papaya juice

1/3 cup fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup Cointreau

ice cubes

On a small plate spread salt.  With lemon wedges moisten rim of 6 ounce glasses.  Dip glasses into salt.   Place glasses into freezer to chill.

In a pitcher combine tequila, papaya juice, lemon juice and Cointreau.  Remove glasses from freezer and serve margaritas mixture over ice. Garnish with lemon slices.

Margarita Mania

Strawberry Margarita

Guava Margarita

Carrot Margarita

Citrus Margarita

Comments

1. Tiki Jane says

It’s about 45 degrees here so I’m going to make one of these and pretend I’m at the beach and it’s 95. I’m just a tropical child!!

This is really different! I just happened to buy a papaya this weekend and have to try this out! Gorgeous color and looks so refreshing! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I’m so glad to have found yours.

Papayas in DC are hard to come by, sadly. I still think about the papaya I ate on vacation in Hawaii. (Four years ago.) It was Heh-VUN! Add tequila…yes, please!

I love papaya, but never thought in making margarita out of it…will have to give this one a try. Lovely color as well. Hope you are having a great week :-)

Oh Bonnie your endless supply of fruits for margaritas are surely gonna put in trouble. I wish I could drink the picture itself or lived nearby you. BTW strawberry margarita they were awesome and turned out to be party pleaser.

I love papayas and know that I would love this. What do you do with the papaya seeds? Someone told me that they can be roasted?

Bonnie, this margarita looks incredible! I love that you added papaya, too. My husband made me something very similar recently with muddled watermelon… It was like I died and went to heaven. Thank God for margarita season – It’s finally upon us!!