Tequila Epazote Limeade

tequila epazote limeade 057 680x1024 Tequila Epazote Limeade  beverages

It’s Thursday.

I’m currently up to my neck in Spanish course work.

Maybe taking this class in the summer was not a great idea!

After reviewing, reviewing and reviewing my paper for proper accents I finally hit submit.

Tequila Epazote Limeade.

Enjoy!

epazote 005 1024x755 Tequila Epazote Limeade  beverages

Epazote – can be found fresh in your produce aisle.  I do not suggest using dried for this cocktail.  Epazote like cilantro, for many people is an acquired taste.  If this is your first encounter with epazote, begin with one leaf. Some say the younger the leaf the milder the taste.  Epazote is widely used in making frijoles de olla.

tequila epazote limeade 056 528x1024 Tequila Epazote Limeade  beverages

Tequila Epazote Limeade

adapted from Martha Stewart’s Tequila Thyme Lemonade

Muddle 3 epazote leaves with 1 tablespoon superfine sugar and 2 lime wedges

in a glass.  Add 3 ounces silver tequila, 1 ounce cold water and ice. Stir. Makes 1

Comments

one of the best alcoholic beverages i’ve ever had was of the limeade variety. this one sounds pretty darn refreshing–nice use of an unfamiliar ingredient!

This is brilliant. I love epazote and it’s kerosene-y flavor, get it fresh at our local Mexican market, love to pair it with beans. Never thought to put it in a drink. Awesome really! Thanks for this…
    LL

Hey Bonnie it is perfect timing for the recipe. Its friday today so I can get wasted. Looks so refreshing for the weather here now finally. Thanks for the recipe and introduction to new ingredients.

This looks delicious and so refreshing! It reached 102F in Minnesota early this week, and I could have definitely used this drink!!

It’s such a pretty drink! I’ve never heard of epazote before. I’ll have to look for it the next time I go to the grocery and see if I can find it. I’m curious how it tastes. :)

• Vianneybonnie says

I have to say I enjoy epazote, so I find it very earthy. Also if you enjoy tequila, this is for you. Kinda strong, but worth it the kick on a tiring day!
      take care thanks