Paletas de Zarzamora

blackberry paletas 019 685x1024 Paletas de Zarzamora sweet treats

My mom is in town and I am absorbing every moment with her.  We are spending alot of our time in the kitchen, but not focusing on taking pictures or writing down recipes.

When I cook with my mom it’s about learning, watching her hands and connecting.  We baked together with my daughter (Chuls) and I cannot begin to express the emotion I felt.

My mom’s wise hands guiding my child with loving patience as she worked her dough.  I am certain this will be one of her fondest memories as she embarks on her own culinary journey.

As we move into the weekend I wanted to share a quick summer treat.  Paletas are quickly becoming my second obsession, my first will always be margaritas.  Enjoy!

blackberry paletas 040 685x1024 Paletas de Zarzamora sweet treats

Paletas de Zarzamora – Blackberry Paletas
By Vianney Rodriguez

makes  10

4 cups blackberries
1/2 cup water
1 tsp salt

1 tsp lemon juice
Place blackberries,salt and lemon juice in blender with a splash of the 1/2 cup water to get it started.  You do not want to dilute the blackberry flavor.

Strain if desired.

Pour into a paleta mold, insert wooden sticks  and freeze for about 4 hours.  Run your mold under warm water to loosen the paleta.  Enjoy!

*Soak your wooden stick in warm water 20 minutes before using.  This helps the stick to stay in place.

Crave more paletas? Why not try these flavors?

Paletas de Sandia

Paletas de Mango

Comments

I meant to stop by this morning to say congrats to Chuls but I didn’t get a chance! She rocks. Please give her the biggest hug EVER for me! So proud!

Hi, I absolutely love these paletas…you have beautiful pictures with your posts. Thanks so much for sharing these amazing recipes…I also blog about Mexican food recipes at http://www.mexfoodrecipes.com. I hope you’ll stop by to check it out! I’m sure it could serve as inspiration. Have a great day! Maria

this is so simple–i had no idea! i never gave much thought to how to make my own popsicles, but you’ve opened my eyes. gorgeous work. :)

Interesting trick to soak the sticks in water first. I didn’t know that! Not that I make ice pops too often. But seeing these lovely photos definitely has me hankering to stuff my freezer with some now. ;)

Sounds like you are having a memorable visit with your mami :) I love paletas and don’t know why I haven’t made any yet this summer. You are inspiring me, so I shouldn’t resist it and get in the cocina soon.

Aww, how cool that you, your mom, and your daughter have all been able to enjoy cooking together. That will definitely be a lovely memory for everyone involved. Plus those paletas look delicious!

Hi, it’s Kurious. Remember me? I was at a Latin festival today and thought of you <3. It's so nice to be reading your blog again, like seeing an old friend. & I always love your posts when your mom is visiting, you two have fun now =).

Oh, and I am so making these with mulberries because we have this huge tree out front and it's all purple rain over here on the sidewalk.

xx