Blackberry Margarita

blackberry margarita 051 632x1024 Blackberry Margarita fruit margaritas beverages berry margaritas

Sipping Sunday

It’s National Tequila Day!!

Can you tell I’m excited?  Let’s celebrate together with this bold blackberry beauty!!

Blackberries hold a very special place in this girl’s heart.   Growing up wild blackberries flooded our backyard, the next door neighbor’s yard and all along the fence of the house on the corner of our street.

My mom and Mr. Lee (our next door neighbor) would spend long summer hours picking, picking, picking blackberries.   Us kids only picked enough to stash away in the freezer.  Once frozen they were plopped into a bowl with a sprinkle of sugar.

Heaven in a bowl on a hot Texas summer day.  So today when the heat index climbs to a sweltering 110 degrees.  I plan to celebrate National Tequila Day with a blackberry margarita.

I shall sip and I shall count my days left here in Edinburg, because next year I along with my kids will spend our summer hours picking blackberries.   I can’t wait!  Enjoy!

blackberry margarita 048 898x1024 Blackberry Margarita fruit margaritas beverages berry margaritas

Blackberry Margarita

makes 4 margaritas

salt

lime wedges

1 cup tequila

1 cup blackberry juice

1/3 cup fresh lime juice

1/2 cup Cointreau

ice cubes

On a small plate spread salt.  With lime wedges moisten rim of 6 ounce glasses.  Dip glasses into salt.   Place glasses into freezer to chill.

In a pitcher combine tequila, blackberry juice, lime juice and Cointreau.  Remove glasses from freezer and serve margarita mixture over ice. Garnish with lime slices.

Celebrate National Tequila Day with….

Margarita Mania

Strawberry Margarita

Guava Margarita

Carrot Margarita

Citrus Margarita

Cantaloupe Margarita

Papaya Margarita

Pina y Pepino Margarita

Watermelon Margarita

Mango Margarita

Honeydew Margarita

Cherry Margarita

Peach Margarita

Comments

How is it that I’m craving these after all those tequila shots the other night? How?!

It must be your beautiful photography (:

and those glasses are really rather stunning (provided they aren’t the product of my tequila-befuddled mind!)

2. Lindsey says

I think we must be twins from a former life because I also spend most of my weekends coming up with new margarita flavors… my friends and family don’t mind at all. When you make juice for all your margaritas, are you just using a juicer for everything?

Hey Lindsey!! I use my juicer to make the fresh juice. You could also use a blender, but for the blackberry feel free to strain the bits!! Hope you give it a try!! thanks for stopping by.
    bonnie at Sweet Life

this margarita looks so darn good….. You don’t even know it Bonnie…. but I am a cheerleader of many of your recipes! :) Your my kind of cook. I want to find myself in your kitchen one day. :)

Oh my! This looks great! I am loving all the new fruit inspired margaritas, such a yummy twist on one of my favorite drinks!

I seriously need to make this!

not many beverages wound me the way tequila does–it’s got a power over me! this is beautiful drink, though, and might be willing to brave the repercussions… :)

Ohh, don’t do this to meeee. Words cannot express how much I need a margarita right now. It looks gorgeous! I love how you adapted a childhood favourite to suit your more grown-up
    Btw, carrot margarita? Must see!

xx

oh my, who da thunk it – just fascinating every week and this one has got to be the most original I know, have never heard of a blackberry one before, but then, they don’t let me out too often….