Be it Fall, Summer or Winter you can always find pepitas in my pantry. I love adding them to my salads, crushing them to coat chicken or for making pipian (mole). But pepitas in brittle, ahh makes my heart go pitter.. patter… Enjoy!!
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, plus more to butter a baking sheet
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup agave
- 1 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- Butter a 11 by 17-inch rimmed baking sheet, set aside
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and agave, stir to combine. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Continue to cook without stirring, until syrup is medium amber and candy thermometer reads 280 degrees, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin seeds carefully. Cook until mixture reaches 300 degrees, about 2 minutes. Pour into prepared baking sheet. Let cool. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container.