My Thanksgiving contribution to New Latina – Guajillo Cranberry Sauce
Guajillo Cranberry Sauce
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup grated piloncillo
- 1 guajillo chile
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- Rehydrate guajillo chile in warm water for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan bring to a boil orange juice and piloncillo, stirring to dissolve piloncillo.
- Add cranberries, return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 8 minutes or until cranberries burst.
- Remove stem and seeds from the guajillo chile and finely dice.
- Add orange zest, cinnamon, guajillo chile. Stir to combine, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- The cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools. Make about 2 ½ cups.
- Guajillo chiles can be found in the International aisle in your grocery store.
- Brown sugar or white sugar can be substituted if piloncillo cannot be found.