Cheesy Refried Beans
The final days until Christmas are here!! I find myself in frantic mood trying to squeeze in every last detail on my to-do list. My scheduled/organized house is now upside down, sideways and in much need of some TLC. Lucky me my family is more than happy to chip in and help out with dinner. Our normal dinner ritual might have changed a bit with the busy season, but as long as we come together as a family for our meals. I’m happy.
These cheesy refried beans came together easily with little prep (love this).We slathered them on baked tortillas and loaded them up with a combo of lettuce and cabbage, tomatoes and salsa. Enjoy!
Dear Readers please comment below in the provided widget! Abrazos!
VELVEETA® and RO*TEL® are hosting an amazing sweepstakes to encourage simple, easy weeknight family meals and entertainment ideas. Winners will be picked each week, and the more points you collect the more chances you have of winning! Grand prize winner will receive $15,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of VELVEETA/RO*TEL. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 1 - 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 8 oz VELVEETA® diced
- 1 – 14.5 oz Mexican Style Ro*Tel® with Cilantro and Lime Juice
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat add olive oil. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add beans and Ro*Tel® with juice. With a potato smasher mash beans and Ro*Tel® to a rough puree.
- Add diced VELVEETA® and allow to melt. Serve.