|January 13, 2012||Posted by Vianney under Baked Goods, Mexican, Sweet Treats|
I somehow keep coming back to these bars. I made them once (three years ago) and batch after batch they continue to make their way into my oven. I think it’s the oatmeal crust that I enjoy or maybe it’s the thick slices of guava sandwiched between yummy layers of oatmeal that entice me.
No, it must be that everyone loves them.. that’s what it is. Or maybe because they are really.. really easy to make, so easy that I can pop them into the oven before our day begins.
Easy with tasty results. Who wouldn’t love this recipe?
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 15 ounces guava paste, cut into slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×13 pan, set aside
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and rolled oats.
- Add butter. With two knives cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture into prepared pan. This is your crust.
- Lay the sliced guava over the crust and press down lightly.
- Sprinkle the remaining mixture over the sliced guava and press gently with hand or fork.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool and cut into slices.
© 2012 – 2014, Sweet Life. All rights reserved. Please contact us to request written approval for reproduction of images and recipes.