Chipotle-Honey Chorizo and Beef Burgers
We are serving up game day eats this week. And who doesn’t love a juicy burger?
These burgers rock! I have to say they are manly. Huge in fact, but don’t let that stop you ladies they are so worth it! Packed with flavor and a hint of heat these babies make both men & women happy!
A thick patty of ground beef with chorizo hide a pocket of cotija cheese. Slather your bun with chipotle-honey sauce then pile high with avocado and grilled onions. What’s not to love? Enjoy!
- 2 (10oz.) pkgs. Cacique® Beef, Pork or Soy Chorizo
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. Cacique® Cotija, crumbled
- 8 Ciabatta bread rolls or rustic country bread
- Grilled onions
- Sliced avocado
- 4 Tbsp. Cacique® Crema Agria
- 2 chipotle peppers with 2 Tbsp. Adobo sauce
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- Mix the chorizo and meat in a mixing bowl, and work them with your hands until well combined.
- Form meat mixture into 8 thick patties.
- Make a pocket in the center of each patty, fill with each with about one ounce of Cotija cheese, and cover the cheese with meat.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and broil in oven for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare hamburgers.
- Finish off in a skillet over medium heat if you desire a medium-cooked hamburger.
- Using a grill is another option.
- Make sure you brush oil on the grill so meat does not stick.
- Add sliced avocado and grilled onions.
- Warm the roll, dollop a generous tablespoon of Chipotle Honey Cream, top with the burger, avocado, and grilled onion, close the sandwich and enjoy!
from the Cacique website