Orange Persimmon Margarita
Confession: The plan was to make a salad. This salad. I’m not sure when the salad plan went awry and the juicer came out.
Funny how that happens.
The outcome was gorgeous. I am simply in love with this shade of orange.
Like sunshine in a glass..that you drink…mixed with tequila. This margarita made my week. Gloomy days got a kick of citrus flavor swimming in persimmon sweetness. Enjoy!!
- lime wedges
- 1 cup tequila
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup fresh persimmon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- 1 to 2 tsp agave (optional)
- ice cubes
- On a small plate spread salt.
- With lime wedges moisten rim of 6 ounce glasses.
- Dip glasses into salt.
- Place glasses into freezer to chill.
- In a pitcher combine tequila, orange juice, persimmon juice, agave (if using), lime juice and Cointreau.
- Remove glasses from freezer and serve margarita mixture over ice.
- Garnish with lime slices or orange zest.
Loving Citrus Season? Why not try these recipes