|March 12, 2012||Posted by Vianney under Dinners, Holiday Bites, Mexican, Tacos|
Easy, bright, bursting with flavor and healthy is what I crave on the weekends. Shrimp tacos are one of the easiest meals I have in my arsenal for lazy weekends.
Weekends should be lazy, breezy and delish don’t you think? A quick marinade and even quicker relish are prepped. Sauté your shrimp, warm a stack of tortillas and your set. Top with relish and enjoy!
- For Shrimp:
- 1 lb shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- Corn tortillas
- For quick relish:
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium mango
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- Juice 1 lemon
- Quick Mango relish:
- To a bowl add sliced red onions, mango, cucumber, red bell pepper, lemon juice and salt. Place in fridge until ready to use. Add cilantro, toss to combine and serve with shrimp tacos.
- Clean and devein shrimp.
- In a bowl add shrimp, cumin, salt, pepper, minced garlic powder allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a large pan sauté shrimp in 1 tbsp olive and cook until shrimp is opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Add zest and juice, stir to combine.
- Remove the shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas and quick mango relish.
© 2012, Sweet Life. All rights reserved. Please contact us to request written approval for reproduction of images and recipes.