Roasted Vegetable Tacos
|June 9, 2012||Posted by Vianney under Dinners, Lent, Mexican, Tacos, Veggie Love|
Remember the keep laughing mood I spoke of so highly in my previous post? Well I am relentlessly trying to keep that mentality; you see my oven went bust. A home cooks worst nightmare. I love my oven and after living 2 years in an apartment kitchen cooking with electricity I longed, dreamed and eagerly awaited coming home to my mighty gas oven. The first weeks went off without a hitch. I braised, baked and broiled and even heated leftovers giddy with excitement. Then “poof,” it was out.
After I picked myself off the floor I realized one of two things.
One its summer and I should be grilling more than relying on my oven.
Second the oven can be fixed.
I’ve decided not to sweat the small stuff. So be prepared for a few fridge options and Hey margaritas never require an oven!
These vegetable tacos were the last tasty bites that emerged from my oven. I had an array of vegetables that desperately needed to be used. Tossed with a little olive oil, season and roast. Stuff into a warm tortilla with a sprinkle of cilantro and your set.
- Array of vegetables of your choice
- Homemade/ ready made corn tortillas
- olive oil
- For Roasted Vegetables:
- Wash and dry vegetables. Any combination of vegetables in season may be used.
- Dice vegetables into bite-size pieces. Arrange vegetables in a baking dish or roasting pan in a single layer. Try not to overcrowd the pan.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and toss to coat well.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and herbs, seasonings of your choice
- Roast in oven at 400°F for 10-15 minutes. Toss the vegetables half way through cooking time to allow for even roasting.
- For tacos:
- Stuff a warm tortilla with roasted vegetables and serve.
Taco Love ~
I’m sharing this post with Spicie Foodie Your Best Recipe
© 2012, Sweet Life. All rights reserved.