Cilantro -Lime Rice
I made this rice for my niece’s confirmation dinner last May and instantly knew I had to share it with you. Cilantro and lime make for a tasty combination with rice which is always a great side dish for any family meal. Be sure to watch the garlic as it browns fairly quick, but gives the rice a nice nutty flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; saute 3 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in rice; saute 2 minutes. Add chicken broth or water, lime juice and salt and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes, until broth or water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and add stir in cilantro and lime zest.