We are Summer chillin’
My little brother is visiting from New York, our entire familia is together, we are feasting and sipping cocktails, life is good.
Last night everyone stopped by for dinner and I knew I had to whip up something summery, refreshing and spiked with tequila.
We are tequila loving peeps.
This fizzy watermelon cocktail spiked with tequila is finished off with a splash of soda for a refreshing summer cocktail.
Refresco is the Spanish word for soft drink, soda.
This lovely tinted cocktail made from fresh watermelon is a recipe from Cooking Light.
- 5 1/2 cups chopped seeded watermelon
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 6 tablespoons Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups club soda, chilled
- 6 lime wedges
- Place watermelon in a blender; process until smooth. Pour pureed watermelon into a sieve over a large bowl, pressing with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids. Combine 3 cups watermelon juice, tequila, Triple Sec, lime juice, and salt in a pitcher; stir with a whisk. Gently stir in club soda. Serve over ice with lime wedges.
recipe from Cooking Light