Sangria is one of the easiest and best cocktails to serve a crowd. A simple combination of fruit and red wine and you are set, too easy. An ideal cocktail for any holiday, celebration, ladies’ night or Sunday family dinner, everyone loves Sangria.
Don’t feel the pressure to invest in an expensive bottle of wine to make Sangria find a budget friendly wine that you enjoy. Trust me you will be pleasantly surprised how making it into Sangria will transform that budget-friendly bottle of wine into something irresistible. I like to keep a few bottles of budget-friendly wine handy so I can quickly whip up a batch if I decide to invite a few friends over for dinner or enjoy a mid-week movie with my little sister.
Best made ahead of time so the flavors really have a chance to meld make Sangria, place in the fridge and go ahead with your party prep. When guests arrive you are set to entertain and not stuck behind the bar mixing up cocktails all night. As a frequent party host Sangria is the ultimate big batch cocktail that everyone will enjoy.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup cointreau
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 oranges cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 lemons cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle fruity red wine
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher; stir until sugar dissolves. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove cloves and cinnamon sticks before serving.
recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Loved this recipe? Here are three other big batch cocktails perfect for entertaining: