Avocado Salsa – (Guasacaca)
A Venezuelan version of their beloved Guasacaca from the new Cooking Light Cookbook Global Kitchen. This avocado salsa is more of a chunkier avocado relish made with made with vinegar, Dijon mustard, jalapeno and garlic. Serve chunky or blend until smooth – both are tantalizing.
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- ¾ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 large garlic clove mince
- 1 1 /2 cups chopped peeled avocado about 2
- 1 1 /2 cups chopped seeded plum tomato about 1
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoons hot pepper sauce
Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl; toss mixture gently. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours. Stir in avocado and remaining ingredients just before serving.
recipe from Cooking Light's Global Kitchen
Kitchen Belleicious says
MUST MAKE THIS!
[email protected] Homemade says
This looks amazing. I just want to dip a tortilla chip right in!