Snacking at Sweetlife’s

snacktime 005 1024x876 Snacking at Sweetlifes uncategorized

My girls’ are visual eaters…yes they appreciate colorful, playful and yummy snacks. Who am I to deny them ?  I want the best for little chicks and if this includes dolling up their snack tray…I’ll do it..I’m cool like that…

Snacks are necessary for young children to refuel their active day –but we as adults can also benefit from snacking –not candy bars or powdered donuts c’mon we can and deserve better..

snacktime 079 1024x854 Snacking at Sweetlifes uncategorized

How about a plate or tray full of goodies..cool color right? I bust it out when I feel the need to reminiscence about my childhood days at the lunch line.

See the triangles–oatmeal crackers with melted sharp cheddar cheese finished off with a sprinkle of poppy seeds…

snacktime 066 1024x702 Snacking at Sweetlifes uncategorized

pears with nut butter rolled in sesame seeds for dipping–that’s my fav

or a glass of freshly squeezed carrot juice plus one apple just for a slight tang of sweetness..we have a juicer– oh the glasses of sunshine made are sublime with my juicer..love it!!

toasted multi grain bread with Greek yogurt,  a sprinkle of pistachios and a drizzle of agave…

My little one’s fav–a apple cut into  lovely petals-cored- with a bud of spinach wrapped blackberries…

snacktime 080 1024x458 Snacking at Sweetlifes uncategorized

Snacking is essential to help us through our hectic day… hey relax and treat yourself to a quick snack..you’re ever so worth it and snacking makes your body happy!! Enjoy!!

Comments

Your girls are very lucky. Those pictures are captures of perhaps the most visually attractive and appetizing snacks I have ever seen. It makes me feel envious – I wish I was a kid again and food didn’t look so ordinary.

Mmm, snacks are definitely an integral part of my day, and you snack so beautifully =). You are indeed a very cool mom! I love the little apple flower, and would have never thought to combine spinach and blackberries, very cool! Also the yoghurt on toast looks so yummy, must try soon!

~Kurious Kitteh

As adults, why don’t we play with out food? Does it have to look michelin-starred all the time? I’ll take colours with nice shapes any day :)

My kids too are eat-with-your-eyes- people! I always say that food shapes rock and rule. Sticks, win any battle (so fruit on sticks, rice balls on sticks….and the like)! Recently, my friend taught me how to make a banana boat – peel the skin off half of the banana which curves in and then slice it, still in the skin. The boat sails from person to person and gets gobbled up……..and it works, even for my daughter who hates bananas!

Your visual eaters have some very colorful designs prepared for them ;).
    I found your blog by chance but I’m so glad I did. I really like what you are doing here and I’ll be back often to see what you’ve been conjuring up.

Bonnie, What cute little treat ideas. Love the lunch tray idea, my kids would love a snack or two on those. If only some of the snacks offered at school were as healthy as these. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

I love this pictures and creativity for your girls snacks. My girls would love this idea. They are also visual eaters :)

Dear Bonnie – You have such a flair for creativity that flows through you so of course your kids being an extension of yourself are equally attract to visual edible art!

What a delight you are to mundane every day life!

Ciao, Devaki @ weavethousandflavors

Those snacks are sweet. HAHA…puns. But seriously, I would eat these as a kid–I would eat these now, especially the crackers with melted cheese, I really liked that snack eons ago. Except perhaps the carrot juice. I’ll eat them raw though ;D

How lovely and sweet of you to treat your children like this! I have seen so many mom’s whose idea of snacking is a trip to McDonalds for some happy meals!
    Love the ideas behind it too. We should all do it for ourselves as well!

What a beautiful snack tray!! Your girls are very lucky :) Kudos to you for taking the time to make sure your little ones are having yummy, healthy snacks. I think I might try a few of these snackers for myself!
    Cheers!
    C

I wish you were making those snacks for me! I think that’s my problem….I hate taking the time to do this for myself. My kids are gone so it would only be me. Your family is so lucky to have you caring so much for them. It sure is a great way to get them to eat healthy snacks!

Excellent! You are very creative … who wouldn’t like these snacks?

I love the whole concept. My girls are big now, but any 12, 15 and 18 will love a snack like that.
    Thanks for sharing.